Field Study #3
Date: Monday, October 10
Time: 3:30pm
Climate Conditions: It was a beautiful fall afternoon. The sun was out and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. There was a bit of a breeze, but with the warmer air it felt quite nice.
Temperature: 70 degrees (which really felt like the perfect fall day)
Length of Day: 7:49am-7:14pm
Organisms (smelled, felt, heard, or seen, etc): I heard a good amount of birds when I was there. They again were in the trees behind me on the path. One thing that was a special find when I went to the pond on Monday was this little fuzzy caterpillar. I was walking on the path to leave, and I was looking down and found it on the path. I wasn't expecting to find it, but it was a good add to this field study.
Changes noticed since the last visit: The colors on the leaves of the tress have changed a lot. There is way more color, and you can see in these pictures that the color is starting to fully take over the leaves. It's so pretty. The leaves also (as seen in the picture) are starting to fall and get all in the pond and on the pathway.
Great job! Watch for patterns in the color change and leaf fall!
ReplyDelete