Field Study #2
Date: Saturday, October 1
Time: 7:13pm
Climate Conditions: It was a pretty calm, sunny evening. There was a slight breeze but probably nothing that would affect the living creatures around the pond area.
Temperature: 65 degrees
Length of Day: 7:43am-7:24pm
Organisms (smelled, felt, heard, or seen, etc): There were a bunch of different living creatures that I heard during this visit. I heard crickets, many other insects (I couldn't decipher which kinds they were exactly), I heard a few different birds chirping, making some other weird chirp noises, and flying through the trees on the backside of the path. There was something in the water that came up and made ripples in the pond, but I couldn't see if it was a fish, turtle or something else (I was too late to take a picture).
Changes noticed since last visit: The leaves are starting to change colors slightly, and it was so pretty to see the colorful leaves and their reflections in the pond.
Awe: I saw awe when I was looking at the reflections in the pond. There were no clouds in the sky and the water was still so the reflections were exact. A cool little detail that's in the picture and what I saw when I was there was the moons reflection as well. God's creation is so beautiful!
Love this! Beautiful (and entertaining pics). :)
ReplyDeleteStart watching for patterns in the color change/leaf fall...you have a good spot to be able to start to notice them!